Friday, March 20, 2009

Very Sad Loss...

I just noticed today that I have reached 200 posts on this blog. That's a ton of talking. In real life I'm somewhat quiet till I get going. Then you can't shut me up! What kind of person am I in real life? Well I joke to much and at other times I can be very serious.

I love my wife very much. I know that without her that I would not be here today. I mentioned it several times on this blog about her and what she has done for me. Most men hold back their feelings. It's as if it's built in. Tell your wife how much you love her. Tell your kids how much you love them. Don't let a day go by without letting them know. Yesterday, I was told that a friend had died. His name was Friz Schulz but we called him Jr.

At first it didn't hit me on who it was because I did lose contact with those that I grew up with. So when I was told I didn't know who it was at first. So I sat and thought about it and then it hit me. I remembered clearly who it was. I remembered his face. I was closer to this brother Freddy but we were all like family. I'm sure that you even have cousins that you don't see.

I ran into Freddy at Great America in San Jose. We talked for sometime. Both Freddy and I went to the same school. His Brother Jr. was about 4 to 5 years younger. Jr. somehow got together with another Childhood friend who was more like a sister to me. Her name was Cindy. Cindy has two brothers and one sister. Her brother Thomas and I were very close and both our mothers even till this day are friends. For some odd reason Freddy always wanted to beat Thomas up. I think I asked him why at Great America but forgot the answer. I need to ask him again.

Anyway, I didn't see it coming that Jr. and Cindy would get together but it happened and they have a beautiful young daughter Kassandra. When it hit me that I remembered who it was. I was shocked. I was saddened and upset. For those who want to follow the story here it is: http://www.insidebayarea.com/news/ci_11949886

I remember losing my father so I know exactly how Kassandra must feel right now. My prayers are with Jr and his family. My prayers are with Cindy and her family. I know I've been somewhat out of the loop but I want them to know that they are in my thoughts and that I'm truly sorry. Jr. from the little amount of time that I spent with him was a great great Kid. Jr was like a little brother to all of us in the neighborhood. He will be missed.

To Jr........

No comments: