Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Sad

Well I paid my respects to Jr. It was great to see so many that I haven't seen in sometime. I met Cindy's daughters for the first time and I seen those who remembered me break dancing back in the day. Good times.

What I found interesting is that sometime during the morning I yes yours truly stood next to a Priest. As I heard him speak about the condition of the dead, at times I felt like jumping up and saying " You are lying Sir "

For example, one of the things he mentioned talked about the resurrection. He said that Jesus said I am the Resurrection and the life, he that has faith in me even though he dies will live again. Then he said, the scriptures tell us here that Jesus will Resurrect Jr so he can be with God in Heaven.

That statement is a lie and I felt like saying so. The scripture he quoted if I'm correct was in the book of John. The other part of that scripture says " and everyone that is living and exercises faith in me will never die at all. Then Jesus said " Do you believe this? "

What did Jesus mean by that? The priest that he that has faith in me even though he dies will live again which is true but Jesus did not say that he will live in Heaven for the rest of that scripture says that those who exercises faith will never die at all. What does these verses tell us? It tells us that Jesus is talking about two different people here. One are those who have passed away and another are those will will remain living, never dying at all. Just like in Adam and Eve if they listened to God common sense tells us that they would be here today.

So is it possible that maybe when Jesus said that those who exercises faith will never die at all, he's talking about us? Also think about this - if we never die at all where do we go? Folks we stay here.

That's why Jesus could say that those that exercise faith in him will never die at all. By these verses we learn something else. When you think of exercise, you think of something that requires work. When Jesus says that those exercise faith it means that you must live by Bible Standards. Some may say, I believe in God but believing in God doesn't mean anything. You must Exercise your faith. You cannot sit there and just say I believe in God and expect that to be enough. Think of Jesus when he came to the Earth. Do you not agree that he exercised his faith. Do you not agree that his followers exercised their faith.

In the book of James it states that faith without works is dead which is clear. You must have works to prove your faith. You cannot say I love God and Jesus and expect that to be it. There is more that is required......I will discuss tomorrow.

Also sorry for the delay in posting. Since Jr's passing, I left the original post up as a tribute to my dear friend. Jr..I hope to see you in the new system.

No comments: