Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Word

Several questions thrown my way. Sorry for the delay in answering them. I will try and answer most covering various topics. The first question asked was

Q. Why do I think that 9/11 was an inside job.

A. Well, if you haven't checked any of my posts on why then I suggest that you do. I also suggest that you just google search 9/11. There is always new information coming out about it. Keep an open mind when researching 9/11.

Q. Along time ago you talked about your son and a girl. What happened to that relationship.

A. Well they both had different priorities in life. Jesse wanted to devote his entire time serving God and his friendship with her was hurting him spiritually. He does care deeply about her but wanted to make sure his relationship with God was first.

Q. You say that Jesus is God's son but if you look at John 1:1 it states that he is God?

A. I have tried to explain this scripture many times. It's hard for some to believe that Jesus is the Son of God and not God himself. Keep this in mind. Jesus himself said he was created. The scriptures tell us that Jesus had a beginning thus being created. Someone had to create Jesus? The scriptures also tell us that God has always been. That alone should tell you that they are different. Father and Son.

Q. You say that you gave up many games, can you tell me what games you play now and what games you gave up?

A. I play wow, rockband, baskball on xbox. I used to play Urban Terror, Call of Duty, Quake series, Battlefield series. I gave those all up.

Q. What do you expect of people since you talk so much about your God?

A. I expect people to be themselves without closing the door or window to what might be truth. When I mentioned that I lived in the world that means that at a time I did study other religions before becoming a witness. I didn't have to do that but I did and each and every time someone comes along and tries to show me what they believe I just don't agree with them but I expect them to be respectful, all of us should be that way. If someone talks about going to Heaven, well I don't believe that we do and that scratches many religions of my belief meter. When they say we die and go to hell, I scratch them off my belief meter. It's ok to quote scripture and many do it but to understand what it means is an entire different thing. Even Jesus had to show many who read scriptures often that they didn't have a clear understanding.

Q. Did you know that the leader of the Watchtower was a freemason

A. I didn't answer this the last time it was asked so sorry I just forgot. Many ask about Charles Taze Russell. Many have tried to say that he was a freemason after his death. They even tried to say even back then that witnesses were a cult. Kinda like those who say Obama is a terrorist and never even met the man. But for Charles many of these things were said after his death. Freemasons, for their part, have stated that Russell was not a Freemason. They stated this not Witnesses and yes I know there are sites out there always trying to connect the two but there are also sites showing that even the Pope himself worships Satan. History is nothing more than His Story...

Q. You mentioned Halloween and I understand what you meant by not celebrating it, what about other holidays such as thanksgiving and Christmas?

A. Well I spoke of Halloween simply because I find it offensive to God. No different than if several guys put on white sheets and go to a black hood. Note I used to live in the hood and my mother lives there now thus the reference to hood. I find it offensive. As for thanksgiving. While admitting that the present celebration has some connection with the Pilgrims, where did these get the idea of a thanksgiving festival? Historians note that ‘harvest festivals’ were among the oldest known holidays. And there were several different harvest celebrations in existence at the time of the Pilgrims.

Of special interest is the fact that the Pilgrims did not flee directly from England to North America. They first fled to Holland. Although religiously free there, they were disappointed with the industrial way of life, the “new” language and their economic circumstances. So from Holland they sailed on The Mayflower to the “New World.” But, argue some, the time in Holland would have brought them in touch with European harvest festivals.

Special celebrations over good harvests had occurred in several of the early American colonies. Hence, the 1621 celebration was not unprecedented.

Eventually this holiday was observed annually in the New England area. However, it was not until 1789 that the first national Thanksgiving Day was proclaimed by George Washington. And, even after that precedent, this practice was not carried on by succeeding presidents. It is claimed that Thomas Jefferson condemned it during his two terms. Finally, as already noted, in 1863 Abraham Lincoln established a yearly national festival, which ensuing presidents have honored.

Why did some people oppose the idea? For one thing, many governors felt that it was an example of state interference with religion. Actually, in time the celebration itself became more political.

Not to mention what happened to the Indians after the meal. There is nothing really to celebrate since many men, woman, and children died.

Christmas well, I'll have to answer that one later but Jesus was not and I repeat not born on that date. I'll talk about that tomorrow. I want to thank you all for your questions, I know I didn't get to all of them. I do have them on a list and will answer them maybe every Friday or sometime during the week. Thank you.

No comments: