Sunday, February 21, 2010

Which seed?

When I mentioned seed and which are you. It wasn't directed toward anyone in general. You can't look at any others without looking at yourself first. When I post information on various topics. I include myself. I question myself. I check myself to make sure I am living up to the promise I made to Jehovah.

I mentioned this the other day. My youngest one would rather play instead of going to the meetings. I know it's because of his age. I try and reason with him. Telling him that out of 24 hours in a day, it should be simple to give an few hours to Jehovah for the meeting.

It simple to say but for a kid it's hard to understand. Then, when it's time to pick up the watchtower and read I find myself distracted. At times it feels like its difficult to read. I'm more of the " I'd rather watch the movie " kind of guy.

Then I realize that the advise that I was trying to give my kids about giving time to Jehovah applies to myself. It's still a struggle and has always been. I find writing more enjoyable than reading.

Trust me when I say this that I'm no where near perfect. I'm far from it. I'll let you in on a secret and this is how the mind works. At times of frustration, bad words tend to cloud my mind. I don't say them but it's there. I then say in a low voice, get out of my head. Then I pray and ask for forgiveness.

I don't say bad words in the house but at work, every other word others say is bad so I'm hearing it all the time thus I'm guessing that's why it clouds my mind. So I'm always checking myself. So trust me, when I write something here I'm talking about myself as well.

Can't give advise if you can't take it. And I do have my issues because other things in life takes your time. So even myself when I feel that I'm doing right, at times I feel like I'm doing wrong because I know I can do more.

Her name was jurina. She's a great kid but between you and I, I would rather have you as my daughter in law (even though I already feel that you are). I know that you would love my son and would never do anything to hurt him. You are the best thing to happen to him.

No comments: