Thursday, February 11, 2010

Fight for life

When I think of the thought that I could lose any of my children, it hurts. At the same time I know that I could be reunited with them in the new system. When I think of my wife. It's a different kind of pain. See I wouldn't move on to another. I would try and get another wife. I don't see any reason to. If something would happen to her. I would remain alone.

Alone in a sense that I wouldn't have a wife but not alone because she would always be in my heart till I see her again in the new system. She feels the same way if anything would happen to me. That's love, that's Agape....

Solomon wrote: Two are better than one, because they have a good reward for their hard work. And a threefold cord cannot quickly be torn in two.

A marriage can be likened to a cord tying a couple together and, when we let God be in it, it is truly a threefold cord not easily torn in two. To let God be in your marriage means to be concerned with measuring up to his requirements for married couples.

More than that, to let God be in our marriage means for both mates to have a warm personal relationship with Jehovah God, never neglecting prayer together. Share with him your joys, sorrows, disappointments, trials. Be concerned with giving him as a Person pleasure and gladness of heart. At Psalm 147:11 we read: Jehovah is finding pleasure in those fearing him. And God tells us at Proverbs 27:11 that by being wise we can make his heart glad.

I'll write more about marriage in another post but My son who is going to turn 18 thinks about these things. I remind him on how a woman should be treated. Love, Respect, Honor are just a few things that a man can show his wife. I often wonder how his children will be? Maybe I'm thinking to far into the future but it does cross my mind....

No comments: