Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Life is never easy

I often wondered what kind of person was I going to be in life. Would I end up in prison like my father. Would I end up dead like so many of my friends. I never knew that I would end up becoming a witness.

It wasn't easy to become who I am today. I had so many internal issues to deal with. I had to think about those who claimed to love me and would die for me but all they would do in the end was stab me in the back.

Those that I thought were friends were nothing but bad influences that if I held onto those, I wouldn't be where I am today. It didn't matter to me that they would talk about me behind my back because I became a witness.

It didn't matter to me what my family thought. Matter of fact, my mother was very supportive of my choices because she saw the changes. She knew it was positive although she didn't understand it. She supported my choices because in life.

My brother however did not. We haven't spoken for years. I cannot understand why. He should love me no matter what I choose in life but being a witness isn't easy and it wasn't meant to be easy. If Jesus was treated badly, we should expect the same.

Sometimes doing the right thing can be hard but nobody said doing the right thing is easy. Life is never easy....

No comments: