Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Love

When I think of Love I think of my wife. I think of my kids. I think of my mother. I think of father. I think of those whom I've known in my past and those I know today. When you are away from the one you love its going to hurt. You will miss them. When I arrive to work I think of my wife and all that she has done for me.

I think of my kids. I think of the way they smile. I can only imagine if I was away from her even for a day. I can only imagine the feeling a wife gets when her husband is away in Iraq and then wondering if he will ever come back. Point is - its hard to be away from the one you love.

You might be lonely because of this. The pain you feel is intense. When I was younger I continued to get into trouble. I kept landing myself in jail because of the choices I made in life. In jail, the only thing I thought of was my wife. How I missed her touch. How I missed her kiss.

This is what helped me get by. I knew that I would get out. I knew that I would see her again. It also helped that she stayed with me in my mind and heart. So what can a person do when he or she is away from the one they love. Well first you must know that the other person loves you and is willing to wait for you.

In my case I knew that my wife would be there. I knew that even if the judge gave me 10 years in prison that my wife would be there when I get out. So knowing that a person would wait, helps.

I've read articles about sisters who were away from their husbands for years because of their choice to serve Jehovah. They were taken away and placed in camps. Then one day her husband who was also in a camp saw her. He cried but didn't want the guards to know that was his wife. So he didn't say anything. He didn't want to put her in any kind of danger. But he cried.

In the end they did end up together but it took 7 years. So if you are away from the one you love. Just wait and be happy that in the end, you will see them again. You will be with them. You will enjoy life. Like my previous illustration about the pregnant woman. She went through all that pain to have a baby but forgot about it once she saw her baby. It's more or less the same. If you are away from the one you love you will feel pain but look forward or should I saw look ahead to a time when you will jump in their arms happy like that mother who saw her baby.

I hope that the words I say helps a little. Of course it won't take any pain away like that pregnant woman but its helps to know that in the future all of us will be free to love in peace and happiness.

OH by the way. The babies name will be Joshua. We changed our minds. We do that often but I liked Joshua and it was recommended to us by a very special person so we feel that it would be a honor for us to name our child based on their recommendation.

Joshua ( time to think of middle name )

No comments: