Monday, April 27, 2009

Is the truth for all?

After Sunday's talk about the true religion I wondered if the truth is indeed for all. There are many things in the bible that people don't understand. Many things that if you pointed it out to them, they just wouldn't see it clearly.

I have tried to speak to my mom about my faith and although she will listen, she doesn't understand. When my Grandmother died my Uncle gave a talk right there at the funeral place. He explained the condition of the dead, why we suffer now, and why we die in the first place.

My family was raised catholic and they claim to worship God but do things in life that shows they do not worship God. My uncle is a Witness as well. During his talk a few walked out and after his talk several continued to say that my Grandmother will be with Christ. This is also while they are holding onto their Idol's meaning the cross.

It's not hard to understand scripture but you have to allow scripture to open your hearts. Scripture tells us that its Satan who blinds the minds, preventing people from seeing the Truth. At times I feel sad about those who aren't willing to open their hearts to the truth. I often pray for those to open their hearts.

I'm happy that several that I do know have opened their hearts. It was mentioned to me sometime ago about my faith and if I'm a smart man I would leave my faith behind. I have shown my faith by my works which means actions in life. I'm not perfect but I do the best I can and daily I try to improve.

In life we can all improve in so many ways. We can improve our relationship with God. We can improve our relationship with our parents, with our children. There is so much we can improve on.

Now, let me talk a bit about my family and how we are doing.

Wife: Is a little sick at the moment. Her pregnancy is coming along just fine. We are still stuck on a middle name so I'm not sure just yet what it will be but we better think fast because we are running out of time.

Daisy: Is amazing. That Girl loves to go too the meetings. During song she tries to sing and she even tries to dance. She's in school now which makes me nervous only because it scares me to think that a mistake will happen and then she's gone. I think I'm just being a bit over protective.

Gabriel: Well, he beats me in Rockband. LOL his drumming is really good. I can't beat him. I could beat him in guitar but drumming. He is to good and he's only 6. I have some video of him on songs that I could not do on expert he does easy. Amazing kid.

Nevaeh: That girl is so sweet. She's talking more and more. She runs everywhere. She makes my heart melt. We were watching tv the other day, her head was on my chest. I was watching her while she was watching tv. So sweet...

Joshua: of course still inside the stomach. We were told that he looks healthy and everything is coming along great.

Myself: Well, considering that I'm a bit nervous over things that are going on right now in terms of the flu outbreak, I'm good.

Jesse: He's good and focused on his spiritual needs. To answer a question posed to Jesse, I can answer because I recently asked how he felt. Don't worry he still feels the same. Anyway, He is about to give a talk which I'm hoping to help him on. I'm not sure what the subject will be about but when he does get it I'm sure it will be fine. The game that both Jesse and I play often is NBA basketball on our Xbox. For the last two days I have beat him. LOL. Before that he was beating me so it's really back and forth.

Jesse and I often talk about his future. We talk about his life. His wants and hopes, his dreams, his education, his future goals. First his spiritual goals. Next I'm sure he will get married when he reaches and I hope I do the math right, I think he will be 18 or 19. Kinda young yes but with Jehovah's help in the matter it will be fine I'm sure. We talk about him having kids and at first he said no kids but then I changed his mind.

It's hard to see your kids grow up. It's hard to see them make their own choices in life. As parents we can only do so much. I for one have been very proud over the choices in life that Jesse has made and the choices he will make in the future.

I support him and the choices he makes in life. I recall when I was younger how my mother would try and force me to do things her way. I did not work. I only did things my way and at the age of 14 moved out because I could not stand her anymore. I could not stand how strict she was with me. I grew up hating her. Now that I'm older I do respect and see some of the things that she has done, has helped but I took what she put in me and made it my own.

The beatings I received from her only helped me stop the cycle and not beat on my kids. That is just one of a few examples. I mean very few. So now I teach my kids. Jesse is a very respectful person and at times he did need correction which he did receive.

I'll add more tomorrow. Till then, have a great day.

No comments: