Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Very Sad as well

There are several things that are going on at the moment. I will start with the first. We were told that there was a chance that our new baby Joshua can go blind. There is surgery but we don't know if that will be an option just yet. We are getting second opinion.

This was last month. When we told Jesse, he grabbed his brother and cried and has held him since. He wants his brother to remember his face. I feel the same. So we had that to worry about. Now two days ago my wife took Joshua to the Doctor because he had a bad cough. The Ambulance came and rushed him to the Emergency Room. I was at home while this was going on and since we only had one car I caught the bus and walked the rest of the way in the rain.

Before that, when I walked out the house. I saw a bus about a block and a half a way. I ran as fast as I could and couldn't catch up. I got about half way before I started to think of Joshua and I ran again even though I knew I didn't have anymore energy to run. I was hoping that the bus would have stopped at a red light. When I got semi close I saw that it wasn't the right bus.

2 1/2 blocks and hard running and it was the wrong bus. The bus I needed to take also stopped at that stop so I thought that was it. I ran back to the bus stop and the bus was sitting right there. I got on and it dropped me off about 15 blocks of where I needed to be. I walked in the rain but it was all worth it to see his face smile when he saw mine.

As mentioned they gave him treatment and we went home. During the night at about 3am he started to cough which it seemed as if it was for a minute or two. I got up and just held him in my arms. A few hours later I went to work. During Lunch my wife took the car to take him back for a follow up. The ambulance was called again. This time he couldn't breathe and was loosing oxygen fast. In the ambulance he stopped breathing. They started to give him oxygen which helped. Once at the hospital they gave him a breathing treatment which helped.

They admitted him. I again caught the bus and when I got there, he gave me a big smile but he had tubes in his nose and something over his mouth to help him breathe. He has been there since trying to get better.

I most I have slept was 2 hours in two days. Why do I bring this up. Well because even though this could be the most stressful and depressing situation I could be in, I have comfort. When you put trust in Jehovah everything works itself out. No need to stress no need to be depressed. We have the greatest gift called life and although life can deal blows,it can feel as if the world is against us, just remember what system we are in and KEEP reminding yourself that all of this will change.

I thought of the possibility of Joshua passing away. It would hurt very much but I also know that what ever this system takes away, Jehovah can restore life. We also recently lost a close friend to cancer. Death although it hurts, we can cope because it will change. That was a Promise from God. So whatever life deals you. It's not worth stressing over. Take each day one at time.

No comments: